HR Manager/Generalist – Williams, CA
Investing in talent and building leadership capabilities have been among Olam’s top priorities over the past 26 years, helping to fuel our growth. It is a testament to our endeavours that Olam was ranked by Fortune Magazine and Hewitt Consultants among the Top 25 Global Companies for Leaders.
Our people are our greatest intangible asset, with leaders who have grown with us and developed extraordinary attributes that include vision, passion, inventiveness, entrepreneurism, commitment and focus. They have collectively helped us achieve global leadership in the supply chain management of agricultural commodities.
- Work as a strategic business partner with plant leadership to evaluate the state of human resources in the plant, identify opportunities for improvement, develop and execute a strategic vision for the HR function in the plant. Focus will be supporting the achievement of both functional and plant key performance objectives.
- Drive employee engagement to maximize safety, manufacturing, quality and goal attainment.
- Develop and align HR initiatives to the business strategy which includes the ability to identify, analyze, understand and articulate business goals and objectives at the company, plant and business unit level.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory activities such as wage orders, EEO, AAP, OSHA/Safety, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, FLSA and LOA.
- Analyze, monitor, and improve diversity administration education, training, staffing, communication, affirmative action planning & development, and diversity culture building (plant management, employee relations and HR leadership.
- Coach managers/supervisors on employee relations issues in order to enable them to address employee issues directly at the plant floor level.
- Manage consistent execution of compensation programs including merit, bonus, and promotional counseling. Provide management education on salary administration and performance management. Analyze and effectively utilize compensation programs, and rewards & recognition plans.
- Provide career planning and development counsel to employees and managers.
- Drive staffing process including sourcing strategies, interviewing, job offers and orientation. Measure staffing effectiveness, including turnover analysis and action planning.
- Establish strong employee relations. Ensure processes in place to maintain a fair, equitable workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 7+ years of human resources experience as a generalist, with at least 3 years in management.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Access experience a plus.
- Kronos Payroll/HRIS knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish - both verbal and written.
- PHR certification a plus.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Machine OperatorsJohanna Beverage CompanySpokane, WA, United StatesApr 24
APPLEBEE'S WOODBURY COMMONS HIRING ALL STAFF!Applebee'sWoodbury, NY, United StatesApr 24
APPLEBEE'S HUDSON NY HIRING LINE COOKS!APPLEBEE'SHudson, NY, United StatesApr 24
DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT (Full-Time/Exempt)IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en AccionBoston, MA, United StatesApr 24
APPLEBEE'S HIRING RESTAURANT MANAGERS!Applebee's/T.L. Cannon Management CorporationGroton, CT, United StatesApr 21
Latest from the webJobs by
Recent College GradZeal FinancialLawrence, KS, USA11 Apr
Class A CDL Delivery Driver | Bridgestone | Doraville GACPC Logistics IncDoraville, GA, USA24 Apr
Class A CDL Full Time Local Delivery Driver | Jackson MICPC Logistics IncJackson, MI, USA19 Apr
CDL A Driver | Doubles Endorsement | Randolph MAConsolidated Logistics SolutionsRandolph, MA, USA18 Apr
Call Center Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Uber & Earn Extra CasUberSan Bernardino, CA, USA21 Apr
Regional Manager, CCPS North America (Chemical Engineering Degree Required)The American Institute of Chemical EngineersNew York, NY, United StatesMar 28
Director of FinanceProvidence House, Inc.Brooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 27
Associate, Professional Development & Training (AIChE Academy)The American Institute of Chemical EngineersNew York, NY, United StatesApr 20
Marketing Production AssociateThe American Institute of Chemical EngineersNew York, NY, United StatesMar 21
Director, CCPS Projects (chemical engineer degree required)The American Institute of Chemical EngineersNew York, NY, United StatesMar 28