3PL Operations Manager - New Braunfels
Diakon Logistics is one of the largest home delivery, logistics and warehousing companies in the U.S. with over 300 trucks operating in 24 locations. We are proud to serve some of the largest and most well-known national retailers in the country. www.diakonlogistics.com
The Operations Manager directs and actively leads all 3PL activities in a fast-paced and 6 days-a-week environment for Diakon Logistics’ New Braunfels, Texas, home delivery location.
• Ensure the performance of customer contract requirement at service levels that exceed the customer's standards and metrics.
• Direct Company staff and manage a fleet of 15-18 independent contractor carriers operating 26’ straight trucks through daily route assignment, check-in and check-out procedures to achieve financial goals.
• Recruit and maintain a roster of high performing independent contractor carrier delivery teams.
• Daily and weekly collection of operational data and performance report completion.
• P&L responsibility including annual budgeting and monthly variance analysis.
• Compliance with Diakon Operations Manual procedures and all D.O.T. rules and regulations.
• Develop a highly motivated workforce and a teamwork based culture.
• Train and cross train employees and conduct annual performance reviews.
• Maintain a safe, healthy and fair work environment.
• Leadership Motivation skills / Ability to stand up in front of independent contractor carriers and staff, and impact performance.
• Ability to operate in strict time frames environment.
• Strong Excel spreadsheet skills; proficiency in MS Office application.
• Ability to operate in a metric based performance environment and conduct quantitative root cause analysis to implement necessary solutions.
• Hands-on management approach that shares responsibilities to ensure the customer is served.
• Awareness of relationship-building skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; bilingual with Spanish highly preferred.
• Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time; ability to lift 50 pounds.
Position Requirements (Experience):
• Home Delivery experience preferred
• Independent Contract Carrier Management experience preferred
• Management experience in 3PL environment e.g. third party client
• 5 years with management responsibilities preferred
• 3 years experience with full P&L responsibilities preferred
Full time employee position
Salary range: $60-$70,000/year
Diakon Logistics offers competitive wages and bonuses, medical benefits, 401(k) plan and paid vacation and holidays.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Machine OperatorsJohanna Beverage CompanySpokane, WA, United StatesApr 24
APPLEBEE'S WOODBURY COMMONS HIRING ALL STAFF!Applebee'sWoodbury, NY, United StatesApr 24
APPLEBEE'S HUDSON NY HIRING LINE COOKS!APPLEBEE'SHudson, NY, United StatesApr 24
DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT (Full-Time/Exempt)IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en AccionBoston, MA, United StatesApr 24
APPLEBEE'S HIRING RESTAURANT MANAGERS!Applebee's/T.L. Cannon Management CorporationGroton, CT, United StatesApr 21
Latest from the webJobs by
Recent College GradZeal FinancialLawrence, KS, USA11 Apr
Class A CDL Delivery Driver | Bridgestone | Doraville GACPC Logistics IncDoraville, GA, USA24 Apr
Class A CDL Full Time Local Delivery Driver | Jackson MICPC Logistics IncJackson, MI, USA19 Apr
CDL A Driver | Doubles Endorsement | Randolph MAConsolidated Logistics SolutionsRandolph, MA, USA18 Apr
Call Center Job Not Paying the Bills? Drive with Uber & Earn Extra CasUberSan Bernardino, CA, USA21 Apr
Machine Operator - Plastics Rotational MoldingAkro-PlasticsKent, OH, United StatesApr 13
Regional Manager, CCPS North America (Chemical Engineering Degree Required)The American Institute of Chemical EngineersNew York, NY, United StatesMar 28
Director of FinanceProvidence House, Inc.Brooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 27
Sales Support RepresentativeMobile MarkItasca, IL, United StatesApr 04
Instrumentation and Controls TechnicianCentral Virginia Electric CooperativeLovingston, VA, United StatesApr 14